Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Engine Removal

I finally took the engine out of the truck yesterday.  My garage looks like a crime scene right now, but the job is done.  Tip: this task is easier if you have a helper.  I was not so fortunate, so it took pretty much all day to get it on the engine stand.

Before disassembly:

 Corrosion on the water pump inlet and outlets:
 The starter looks terrible, but still functions well.
 Oil pressure sending unit:
 The disc breaks also look terrible, but functionally appear to work well and the wheel bearings feel tight.
 Some small animal built a nest in one of the front suspension coils.
 Positioning the engine hoist:
 The driver's side steering and exhaust header situation is so ridiculous that I could not even remove the header after cutting all of the primaries off the block.  It got wedged between the steering linkage, transmission, and steering gearbox on the way out.  I wanted to keep it as intact as possible to help in fitting a new header in the future, so I just pulled out the header after the engine was partially lifted out of the vehicle.  I will be burning some brain calories on this problem before buying any new parts...
 Exhaust header finally removed.
 Engine on its way to freedom.
 I found a vine in between the engine and transmission presumably from when this thing was parked for a long time.  This is a pretty dark and tight spot to get into...
 Ta-Da!  The next steps are to clean the garage, clean the tools, clean the parts, and then start working on the stuck header bolts.

1 comment:

  1. the loan company that grants me loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors have neglected my offer but mr benjamin lee granted me success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project in terms of investment. they provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can help you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: Also 247officedept@gmail.com or Write on whatsapp Number on +1-(989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete