Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lipstick on the Pig

In efforts to clean up the garage, I have stacked and stashed parts everywhere.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a safe place to store the new front grille where it won't get crushed or otherwise cosmetically damaged.  So, I figured that I should waste a small amount of time and put it on the truck to get it up off the floor, similar to the approach with the rear fenders.  The entire front end of the truck is going into the recycle bin eventually, so this is a comprimise between efficiency and practicality.

Before:

After removing the old grille:

 The paint on the front end is coming off in sheets.


 The old grille is almost competely worthless due to the extensive corrosion.

I found more pecan shells trapped in the light fixtures amongst the rust flakes.  Nuts!

I removed this baby from the old grille before recycling and will save it for later.

After test fitting the new grille on the truck, it turns out that the bolt holes do not match the air deflector panels on the truck.  Fortunately, I have a matching set that came with the new grille and will have to wait and put them all on later once I disassemble the currently installed tilt-forward front end.  No lipstick for this pig today!

No comments:

Post a Comment